The Freestore is a Go Eco Climate Action Project. We rescue edible and useable kai that would have otherwise gone to waste or landfill and redistribute as free kai through our Frankton Store. Everyone is welcome at our Freestore - our only ask is that you bring your own bag.
Summer Opening Dates and Times
- Go Eco Frankton store is open from 10 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday & 9 am - 1 pm on Saturday.
- Kaivolution Freestore is open from 3 pm - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
- Go Eco Envirocentre is available for meetings, workshops, markets and groups - to book email email@example.com.
Unpaid role. Three year term. Monthly evening meetings held at Go Eco in Hamilton with zoom conferencing available.
The purpose of our work as the Board of Go Eco is to provide the governance for the organisation. This means that the Board works to understand the social, cultural, legal, environmental, political and business contexts within which Go Eco operates, so as to identify and evaluate the risks, trends and opportunities for the organisation.
- Set the direction for Go Eco: perform strategic thinking and planning, promote a positive public image, set mission and vision, establish organisational values, approve operational and annual plans.
- Ensure responsible use of organisation resources.
- Provide oversight of Go Eco: oversee financial management, minimise exposure to risk, measure progress on strategic plan, monitor programmes and services, provide legal and moral oversight.
We are interested in this as an opportunity to address trustee diversity and we strongly encourage people who identify as Māori, Pasifika, Migrant and younger voices, or those who have backgrounds and experiences in working with a range of communities to participate at our Board.
Current Strategic Plan is available on request.
Go Eco Background
Our vision and values: Go Eco is a Charitable Trust with a vision of Healthy Environments supported by Thriving Communities. The values of community, empowerment, inspiration and integrity are central to our work.
We initiate projects for sustainability in collaboration with environmental groups, kaitiaki, community centres and community based organisations. Our advisory and community teams provide inspiration for living lighter and services to businesses, homeowners and landlords for a sustainable future. We run the Kaivolution food rescue and free store project, redistributing food away from waste streams into communities across the Waikato. As a social enterprise our Go Eco retail shop showcases a range of environmentally-friendly options for an eco-friendly lifestyle. We are also a depot for the recycling of electronic devices. Our 12 person staff team work alongside 70+ volunteers to organise community collaborations for engagement and transformational change through education and enterprise.
All inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
188 Commerce Street, Frankton. Hamilton. Waikato
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 4 pm
Sat: 9 am - 1 pm
Sunday and public holidays: Closed
24th December 2018: 10 am to 1.30 pm,
We will be closed from 1.30 pm 24 December and reopen 10 am 7 January, 2019.
PO Box 19104, Hamilton
PHONE / EMAIL
Call us on 07 839 4452
Email us at email@example.com